How You Can Help | Membership
Solar Sonoma County members consist of local governments, nonprofits, solar industry vendors and professionals, local businesses, sponsors, and individuals that work to provide quality information about solar power to Sonoma County.
Your membership not only contributes to our critical efforts to reduce greenhouse gases through our solar energy programs, but also makes you part of this movement.
We offer memberships in the following categories:
- Major Event Sponsorship
- Businesses and Organizations
- Local Governments
- Nonprofit Organizations
You may pay online, or for business memberships you may fill out the automatic deduction form for a monthly payment schedule.
Major Event Sponsorship
These are our most visible members. Your logo will be featured on our home page with a link to your website and will be included in any printed materials we produce during your sponsorship term. Sponsors are eligible for all the same benefits as business members and, in addition, have first rights to banner and table privileges.
NOTE: Sponsorships are tax deductible to the fullest extent of applicable tax laws.
Other Sponsorship Levels:
- Petawatt $5,000 – Benefits as noted above.
- Exawatt $7,500 – Added benefits include sponsor participation in Solar Leaders Circle or Solar Fair, and logo on SSC t-shirt.
- Zettawatt $10,000 – Added benefits include sponsor participation in Solar Leaders Circle or Solar Fair, logo on SSC t-shirt, and customized benefits.
- Yottawatt $15,000 – Added benefits include sponsor participation in Solar Leaders Circle and Solar Fair, logo on SSC t-shirt, and customized benefits.
Solar and Energy Efficiency Contractors, and Affiliate Businesses
Business Members' dues help SSC continue to lobby on your behalf for countywide policies and procedures, quality assurance, member visibility, and discounts to our programs and events.
- $1,000 (Solar Contractors only)
- $2,000 (Solar Contractors only)
Members, depending on their level, will be recognized with logo and name listing on SSC web site. Members joining at the $1,000 level and above ($500 for Energy Efficiency contractors) are eligible to be part of our Quality Assurance Program. This program will provide individual and commercial consumers with a reliable resource for solar and energy efficiency contractors who have qualified to be in good standing as a vetted member.
Local Governments are critical SSC stakeholder constituents. Their membership and participation guides us to countywide and city specific issues affecting solar power and energy efficiency. Our partnership with local governments allows SSC to collaborate by combining public sector expertise with nonprofit flexibility. Together, our strength increases ten-fold. This allows SSC to leverage a powerful platform of stakeholder concerns with influence, diversity, and resolution.
We are proud to have all nine cities and the County of Sonoma as members for the 2011-2012 year.
Membership Levels are:
- Reciprocal membership is for nonprofits unable to purchase a membership. These members agree to a reciprocal exchange of table space at events, collaboration on projects, marketing outreach, and support of each other's missions wherever and whenever possible.
- Custom designed to promote and provide mutual benefit to both your organization and ours, upon request.
Your name will be added to the SSC mailing list to keep you apprised of our activities including events, volunteer opportunities, and committee openings. Click here for membership application.
- Milliwatt $20 (students, seniors)
- Watt $35
- Kilowatt $100 -- Added benefit includes Solar Sonoma County t-shirt
- Solar Sponsor $250 -- Added benefits include Solar Sonoma County t-shirt and stainless water bottle with SSC logo.
- Super Solar Sponsor $500 -- Added benefits include Solar Sonoma County t-shirt, stainless water bottle with SSC logo, and your name listed on our web site.